rss
email
twitter
facebook

February 16, 2006

Crying Busy

Do you see what happens? I had three posts in a very short period of time and then I checked out. I would like to say that I've been busy. I have been busy. But, I seem to always use that excuse for everything, making it sound like my life is more important and more difficult because of the circumstances of my ministry and what not than it probably really is. I don't know why I do it. Maybe its because I sometimes feel overwhelmed and I'm looking for sympathy. Maybe its a way of me trying to get more acceptance and appreciation for what I do. Maybe I'm looking for more respect. I don't really know why I do it. I hate that I do it. It makes me think of the story of the boy who cried wolf--when he really needed to, no one came to help. So, I'm going to do my best to not to cry busy anymore.

The last month of life has been a challenge. We had some big events at South which took up more of my time than it should have. In turn, that cut some into family time. Normally my family tolerates it as long as it only happens every once in awhile. However, Hannah hit the terrible twos over the last few weeks. With me not being around as much as I like to be, Steph became super mom, which is not fair to her. Needless to say, it has been a long few weeks because of everything.

Out of all of this, I think I have a stronger resolve to use my time better and to make times for the important things, like family time, a priority. I'm sure there will be moments where everything simply won't fit. I'll deal with those as they come. Yet, I'm going to do my best to be ahead of the game and head off those moments before they become ugly.

If you didn't notice, I moved Blue Like Jazz to the books I've read column. I will finish up the last two chapters this evening. It has been a great book in my opinion. It is an easy, conversational read that will challenge your heart and your view of what Christianity is and how we live it. For me, it was a breath of fresh air. Being in ministry sometimes clouds your mind and forces you into an administration mindset because of the business of the church. It is all too easy to shut off the theological parts of your brain--the parts for me that are continually chewing, questioning, and challenging your heart. Blue Like Jazz pushed the clouds away again.

0 comments:

Post a Comment