rss
email
twitter
facebook

June 2, 2013

An Intriguing Question

"How many people who go to church every week are going to hell?"

This was a question that Francis Chan put out at the recent Exponential Conference.  I don't remember much at this point about his message.  The only thing I wrote down was that question.  Is it because he didn't have other good things to say?  Chan always has great things to say.  I think its because that question is so haunting to me.

What have I done in my years of ministry to influence the answer to that question?  Have I done positive things that have encouraged people to grow in their spiritual lives?  Or, have I focused on things that, while important, have caused complacency and drift?

These are the things that challenge me every day.  They sometimes take my focus away.  They are challenging me to rethink what I do and why I do it.

Thank you for making me think, Mr. Chan.

0 comments:

Post a Comment