rss
email
twitter
facebook

December 7, 2012

A Prayer

I've been doing some reading out of an app for my iPad called, Breviary.  It contains the daily prayerbook of the Catholic church.  I use it to help me supplement my prayer life once in awhile--I grew an appreciation for the hours of prayer and liturgy in seminary.  That idea of continual praying was furthered in me by Ed Dobson and his book, The Year of Living Like Jesus.

I understand that many faithful people have come and gone before me.  I want to hear how they prayed and engaged in God.  I want to learn from others how I can engage God and my faith more.  The different prayer books have helped me to do that.  And, I've found it to be a great place to connect to old hymn texts and written prayers that I've never even seen.  The depth of words sometimes is amazing.

In my perusing last night, I came across this simple prayer that came at the close of one of the daily offices of prayer.
Father,
we need your help.
Free us from sin and bring us to life.
Support us by your power.
Grant this through our Lord Jesus Christ, your Son,
who lives and reigns with you and the Holy Spirit,
One God, for ever and ever.
-Amen
May that encourage you today, to know that in this Advent season, God is our only hope and our full peace.  He brings us love and grace, and in turn gives us an immense joy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment