rss
email
twitter
facebook

July 31, 2011

99 Percent

I really would like to say I have an excuse for not blogging.  I don't.  Well.  That's not exactly true.  I've been busy the last month or so.  I spent two weeks at Michiana Christian Service Camp helping lead the two Sr. High Discipleship weeks there.  I also spent some time in Ohio seeing my family.  I also installed a new garage door opener in the sweltering heat.

Nonetheless, I've had things to write.  I simply haven't written them.  I hope that is going to change. . . 

I use the Flipboard app on my ipad.  It puts news, RSS feeds, Facebook, Twitter, and other mindless stuff in one place for me to read every other day or so.  One of the websites that I have found in the process of exploring this app is The 99 Percent.  It is a great site - you should check it out.

There was a recent article was called On showing up, changing your life, and limited goals.  One suggestion that was made to writers was to write every day.  Even it if is only 100 or 200 words, write.  Keep the mind and the creativity flowing.  When I read that section of the article, I thought of this place and how infrequently I post.  I thought about all the grand ideas of things I have allowed to pop into my head, roll around for awhile, and then shelved in the "someday" section of my cerebral Wunderlist.  I thought of all the things I could and should be doing, thinking, saying, writing, blogging, reading, and on and on and on and on . . . but for whatever reason I am not.

Things need to change. . .

0 comments:

Post a Comment