rss
email
twitter
facebook

April 19, 2010

And Then There Were Three

I should simply cancel this blog and give up. Its been almost 3 months since my last post. So much has happened since then. In that time I went from four followers to three. I've lost 25% of my constituency and readership. Those are horrible numbers. . . if you care about numbers. I don't. For the three of you that read this, thanks for reading.

I've started drinking soda again. I made it two months. Then, I realized I was being more vigilant about my beverage choices than I was about making time for Scripture. That wasn't right in my opinion, so I've tried to flip that. I've failed miserably in trying to read through the Gospels each week. The first week I made it to Matthew 16. The second week I made it all the way to Mark, by way of the NIV Audio Bible and a long trip. That's how its gone.

That seems to be how my life is lately. I have great intentions and an even greater inability to carry through on my intentions. I stare at an accomplish-able list of things I want/need to do and struggle to find the discipline and motivation to do it. This has happened to me before.

When I was in second grade, I spent a sizable part of one of the grading periods staring out the window in our classroom. I don't really remember what I was thinking. I simply remember staring out the window at the white house that was there. At the end grading period, I remember Mrs. Barkus talking to my mom and letting her know I hadn't been doing my work. Then she showed my mom the neatly stacked pile of uncompleted papers in my desk. That was not good for me. For the next few weeks, I would go home from school, have dinner, and then go to my room to do my homework, then bed.

I guess its time to send myself to my room for awhile.

0 comments:

Post a Comment