rss
email
twitter
facebook

December 1, 2008

Snow Goons and the Grinch

Well. Tonight Hannah and I got to play in the first good snow of the season. It was a lot of fun. There's nothing better than hearing a 5 year old screaming and giggling in delight as she is pelted by snow balls. It never gets old to her. She would still be out there if I would have let her stay out. It was good snow too--the kind that crunches under you when you walk on it. It was perfect snow ball snow. Unfortunately, it wasn't good snowman snow. I could get it to roll up a little, but then when you went to pack it, it would shatter into chunks. So, rather than a nice big, perfect looking snowman in our footprint littered front lawn, we have a short, stubbing looking snow goon. He looks like one of the creatures that Calvin and Hobbes would make.

Now, after some hot chocolate and some Earl Gray Tea, I'm journaling and blogging while my girls snuggle in the living room and watch the Grinch. Tomorrow we may put up the tree. Well, Steph and Hannah will put up the tree. I may help with the lights if they frustrate my wife, but I stay out of the way of everything else. I'll snuggle into the couch with my granny blanket, marvel at my girls putting the tree up, and throw in White Christmas to fill in the gaps. It will be a great evening as it always is every year.

I hope and pray your Christmas preparations are bringing you much joy!

0 comments:

Post a Comment