rss
email
twitter
facebook

February 21, 2007

Lent 2007

In honor of Mardis Gras last night, my wife and I split a couple of pączkis. One must always have at least one pączki on Fat Tuesday. We've made it a tradition the last few years.

I have also begun the habit of practicing Lent. Its something I became familiar with at Emmanuel. While I almost never am disciplined enough to fully do what I say I do, I at least start out strong and plan to make some sacrifices. Last year was better than most years. Without looking back at my blog or my journal, I think I had planned to take shorter showers and not buy anything I didn't fully need.

This year, I am going to do those two again. I am also adding another. I am going to do everything I can to only eat a meal times. While at work, this is not really a challenge, especially since the snack machine was taken out of the church. The big challenge is going to be in the evenings. Hannah almost always has a snack before bedtime. Momma and poppa have made this their habit, too. Sometimes it gets out of hand. Sometimes we are somewhat controlled. Nonetheless, it is something that I don't need--nor does my waist. So, I'm going to be fighting that with everything I have in me.

Please pray for me as I fast, repent, and make preparations to celebrate the death and resurrection of our Lord, and I will pray for you, also.

0 comments:

Post a Comment