rss
email
twitter
facebook

January 24, 2006

In Case You Didn't Notice

I added a couple new items to the menu on your right today. I am listing out what books I am currently reading and what books I have read this year. I do this for two reasons. One, I figure it might be nice for you to see what is feeding my brain. A couple of my friends list these things on their site and I find it interesting. Plus, all you xanga people put up the "what I'm reading/listening to" stuff each post.

Second, one of my goals is to read more this year. While I was finishing my thesis, my reading was totally focused on worship in the last 200 years. When I was finally done, I started reading the Chronicles of Narnia. I struggled to make reading a priority and it took me forever to finish it. Not reading is a dangerous thing if you are in the ministry in my opinion. I believe I must continually be pushing my brain and learning so that what I am doing in ministry does not become stagnant or easy.

So, the lists are there so you can see what's going into my head. . .and if you would like, you can keep me accountable to making sure that I am actually reading and working my mind, rather than playing Web Sudoku.

0 comments:

Post a Comment