rss
email
twitter
facebook

June 9, 2014

30 Days of Hustle - Day 1

I got an email the other day. I get a bunch of emails every day. Some are junk. Some are fun to read. The email I am talking about was from Jon Acuff. In that email he talked about offering a 30 Days of Hustle Challenge.

It sounded interesting to me. So I signed up. I am doing the 30 Days of Hustle Challenge. Each day for 30 days, I will get an email from the Acuff enterprise challenging me to do something…Below is the beginning. Read on at your own risk.

Day 1 –What do I want to do?

The list for this is long. I want to do a lot of things. I need/want to lose weight. I want to own a coffee shop. I want my wife to get through this dark spell of life she is having and I want to help her lose the weight that is part of the darkness. I want to be better at my ministry.

Thanks for bringing all of these struggles and wants up, Mr. Acuff.

His point in the first email is to choose one thing. What one thing do I want to do? Does Mr. Acuff realize that I am a high C in the DISC personality profile? As a high C (conscientious), want to do everything right. Because of this, I struggle to make decisions. So, not only did Mr. Acuff bring up all the things I feel I want to do in my life, he has cornered me with the challenging of picking one thing. What I if I choose the wrong thing? Will that wreck everything else I want to do? How do I even decide? Does he even know what his simple question does to me on the inside?

It sounds to me like I need some help. Or, I simply need to suck it up and choose something and go. So, I chose my goal.

I am overweight. I need to lose weight. A lot of it. I weighed in this morning. 304#. I was surprised it wasn’t more.

I WANT to weigh no more than 250#. I want to do this so I can be healthy enough to see my daughter grow up and live life. I want to be healthier for my wife. I need to be healthier because I am the temple of God…or a part of it, anyway.

My goal is to lose 54# by Christmas. I am putting it out here on the internet world to show that I am serious. Maybe throwing it out here will make me push more and actually do something rather than having good intentions with no follow through.

Do you want to join me? What is a weight loss goal you have? If you don’t have one, set one right now. How much do you want to lose by Christmas? We’ll call it the Skinny Christmas Challenge. What are we going to do? How are we going to get there. How can I challenge you and how can you challenge me?

1 comments:

Unknown said...

Go for it, dude! The blog at NerdFitness.com has helped me, and just the other day released an index of best article to get started: http://www.nerdfitness.com/blog/2014/06/05/100-ways-to-join-the-nerd-fitness-rebellion/

I can be an encouragement for you if you want it.

Post a Comment