rss
email
twitter
facebook

October 10, 2013

Communion

This morning I was in the process of connecting my phone to Flickr.  They are giving away one TB of photo storage space for my pictures.  Yes, that's right, 1000 gigabytes of space.  Thank you, Flickr (yahoo).  As I was uploading pictures I found the one shown with this post.

Each week at South, when we take communion, we get to enjoy this.  It is homemade communion bread.  Nope, we don't have that nasty prepackaged white, icky, bland Jesus bread stuff at our church.  We have the real deal--homemade, just as good as any pie crust you could imagine, pie crust Jesus bread.  Seriously, this stuff is the bomb.  It makes communion even more enjoyable!

Sometimes, I will accidentally miss communion during worship.  When I'm done leading, I head into the kitchen to take communion, because that's where the leftover communion goes when the guys are done serving.  Lucky for me, there is no one in there.  I know they throw out what isn't used each day because of all the hands that have been in the plate.  Its such a waste.  I don't want to see Jesus' body wasted.  Not at all!  Its sacrilegious.  So, to make sure this doesn't happen, I pound Jesus' body by the handful.   It is so good!

The beauty of all of this is the love that goes into the bread.  A lady here at South takes time every couple weeks to bake this bread.  She gets it.  She understands that this meal we are having is something more than made than Jesus body in a box that comes from who knows where and who knows when it was made.  She wants communion to be the best that it can be for our people.

She is no different than our children's ministry workers, our youth workers, or the people I get the privilege to lead beside on the stage each week.  They understand that they are here to serve.  We are living out our worship in the things we do, the passion we have for the Kingdom.

How are you living out your passion for God?

0 comments:

Post a Comment