rss
email
twitter
facebook

May 3, 2010

Sitting Outside

Right now I'm sitting outside in my driveway.  Hannah was riding her bike awhile ago and I came out to watch.  Her and Steph went for a walk while I sat here enjoying the birds and the breeze and worked on a few things on my computer.  I'm going to have to go in soon, though . . . its almost bedtime.

I must admit, I really love fall and winter.  In my opinion, you can't go wrong in either of those seasons, no matter how cold and snowy it gets.  However, early spring is also very enjoyable, especially when its like today.  Its nice enough to come outside and enjoy the sounds and the feel of spring.  And, its early enough that the mosquitoes have not emerged.  Once it warms up a little they get unbearable around my house, especially in the evening.

I hope and pray that you get time in the next couple of days to enjoy the spring--the smell of spring in the air, the look of the tulips and other budding flowers, the new feeling of the cold on your feet as you venture out once again without socks on, and the sounds of the birds and some occasional rain falling from the sky.  And, don't forget the taste of soft serve ice cream or, if you are lucky, some fresh strawberries.  

Go on, get out there right now, before it turns hot and yucky.

2 comments:

Bill Wagner said...

Sure sounds like you have a love for Spring, too!

Wally said...

I like spring. . . it is a lot like fall. However, it leads to summer. That's not good.

Post a Comment