rss
email
twitter
facebook

February 6, 2009

I Am Alive

Where did this week go? First it was Monday. Mondays are always bad. Filled with good intentions of hitting the office hard and getting a jump start on the week, Mondays always get train wrecked somehow. Before I know it, it's time for 1:00pm staff meeting. Its always a good meeting, but afterwards I normally have a hard time getting motivated.

Then it was Tuesday. My schedule and my task list showed that Tuesday was to be highly productive--worship planning, some GTD, and Revel On Sunday band rehearsal. It was going to be a great day. And, in all actuality, it was a great day. It simply didn't play out as I wanted it. In the morning I was visited by my friend Greg. We had coffee, talked about life, planned our coffee roasting for donation to the SLCC Youth Auction, and made plans for the upcoming David Crowder concert. When Greg left, I was ready to dive into things. Soon afterwards, Mark walked in the door. Mark is a good friend who drops by periodically. Its always cool when he drops in. We banter back and forth about the problems with church, worship, and what have you. By the time he left it was lunch time. After lunch I had already planned to help another friend who had recorded some stories. That took a little longer than expected, but was well worth the time with Duane. There's always time for Duane--he's such a loving, soft spirited man. Nonetheless. Tuesday ended with nothing on the list being completed. Revel on Sunday rehearsal was awesome, as it always is!

Then came Tuesday night/Wednesday morning. I woke at 2:00am for some bathroom business of the runny #2 kind. I went back to bed not feeling all that well, but praying that all was over and done with. Unfortunately, that was not the case. I was up at 3:00am with more runny #2 and a whole bunch of puking. That cycle continued about every 1/2 hour to hour for the next 6 or 7 hours. If there is one thing I HATE, it is puking.

Now it is Friday. The last few days were spent mostly in bed, trying to recoup from the puking, dry heaving that followed. I also have a massive headache. I assume that is from the lack of caffeine in my system. I'm going to remedy that very soon with a coke.

So, I start my week again, here on Friday, with a HUGE amount of stuff that needs attention. And, I'm really not motivated to do anything yet. I just want to crawl back in bed and sleep some more.

I hate the pukes.

0 comments:

Post a Comment