rss
email
twitter
facebook

December 20, 2008

Only in Michigan

Today, my girls and I went out for a little Christmas shopping. That's what happens when you take forever to make decisions about what it is you are going to buy for people. It was an adventure, let me tell you. It started out with trying to get out of my driveway. Since moving, we aren't blessed to live on a major road that gets plowed first. Now we live on a culdsac. That means, it must snow 100 feet before they will come and plow our road, and even then they'll wait till they have plowed everyone else's and save ours for last. It took us a few moments to bounce from one rut to the next and a lot of snow pushing by the front of my car before we got out our subdivision.

The crowds weren't too bad as we shopped until you got to the checkout counters. Then there were lines. Luckily, we were able to navigate to the shortest line and keep our shopping pain down. The funniest part to me was at Walmart. As we were standing in line I looked over to my left. There were at least 5 people in camo in line. Only in MI will you see more camo in the checkout lines at Walmart during Christmas than other shoppers. Only in MI. . .

Below is one of the cartoons I read today. It won't be funny to most of you I would guess. The kid in the picture had to be from MI.




















0 comments:

Post a Comment