rss
email
twitter
facebook

December 14, 2006

Dawn

This is going to be a busy day. I have 3 appointments today, plus a whole bunch of things to get done before next week. With tomorrow being "momma's day off", I was up early and heading to the office by 6:00am.

As I took some Christmas cards to the mailbox before walking to the office, I noticed the stars and the moon shining brightly. It has been extra cloudy and rainy the last few days, so I was excited that it would be a sunny day. I was excited because sunshine always makes Stephanie smile and because I remembered it is going to be almost 50 degrees today. I might get the chance to take Hannah outside and play on the swing. She loves to swing. I was probably most excited about the chance to watch the sunrise.

I love watching the sunrise. There is something about being up before dawn and being privileged to watch a new day awake with oranges and reds across the sky. The newness and the hope of what is yet to come that is captured in those colors awakens me and makes me eager to take on the day, even when the day is packed with appointments and work like today.

In a sense, I think the place that I am in is like the cresting of the dawn, slowly peeking over the horizon with veiled colors ever so slightly. It is the new possibilities and future of the ministry here at South. It is the fact that my Wednesdays will return back to normal as the class I was teaching at GLCC ends. It is knowing that there will be new joy, love, and laughter found in the eyes and actions of a moody three year old and her momma today, tomorrow, and the next. It is the gift of grace and love that I continually receive from the creator of the dawn and that I get to share with others. The dawn is beginning to grow onto the darkness, covering it with marvelous light. I'm in the midst of it, surrounded by it on all sides. I watch it with wonder as the colors brighten and the high, simple clouds begin to glow. It is brilliant!

HOW GREAT IS YOUR LOVE
(
Bart Mallard)

My heart is steadfast, O God
And I will sing
With all my heart and soul
Music for the King
And I will awake the dawn
With my praise to You, O Lord

How great is Your love
So much higher than the heavens
With faithfulness that reaches the sky
How great is Your love
So much higher than the heavens
With faithfulness that reaches the sky
How great is Your love

Praise the Lord, O my soul
And glory to the King
Forever You are robed with majesty
We come to You, O Lord
Lay our praise at Your feet

Be exalted, O God, and let Your glory reign
Be exalted, O God, and let Your glory reign
Let it reign, let it reign, let it reign
Let it reign, let it reign, let it reign

0 comments:

Post a Comment