rss
email
twitter
facebook

January 19, 2006

Happy Birthday


It's hard to believe that my daughter turned two yesterday. It seems like it was just a few days ago that Steph and I brought her home from the hospital. We carried her in the house in her carseat and sat her in the middle of the floor. I remember sitting there on the couch with my wife just looking at her all bundled up in her carseat, wondering, what are we supposed to do now?

She has grown so quickly. She is learning even faster. The other day when her and I were watching a hockey game, she looked at me and said, "papa, I want to go to the beach and go swimming." She repeats everything we say and copies almost everything we do. And, even for being two, she's a pretty good child without too many terrible two moments . . . yet.

The picture posted here is her and I the other day. She really likes to play papa's guitar--and she has to play it the right way, like I do. She also likes to sing. That's what happens when your father is a worship minister and momma loves music. She is capable of singing many songs now, without much help. Songs like abc's, twinkle twinkle little star, jingle bells, and the itsy bitsy spider.

There is so much joy with her. I am doing my best to take in everything I can with her as she grows up so quickly. I cherish reading books with her, even though we read each one at least 4 times in a row. I cherish puzzle time on the floor, even though as soon as we put the all together, it gets dumped and put together again. I cherish singing before bed and snuggling while we watch hockey games or the smattering of kid shows she likes.

Happy birthday to my daughter, Hannah Grace. Thank you for bringing such joy to our lives!

0 comments:

Post a Comment